Seafood restaurants in Cebu, Philippines, like STK Ta Bai and SuTuKil, offer a delectable journey through the region’s marine flavors, presenting diners with freshly caught delights in settings that range from rustic beachfront shacks to refined dining venues. Let’s dive into right now!
- Tongs Seafood Buffet: A dine-all-you-can haven offering a vast selection of seafood delights in a buffet-style setup.
- STK Ta Bai: A charming heritage house turned restaurant, serving up classic Filipino seafood dishes with a side of history.
- Juan’s Seafood House – Lahug: Renowned for its fusion of local flavors, Juan’s delivers a modern twist on traditional seafood recipes.
- KRAB Seafood Restaurant: KRAB delights with its menu focused on crab specialties and other seafood favorites in a cozy atmosphere.
- CrabPro Cebu: This spot is a paradise for crab lovers, providing a variety of crab dishes cooked to perfection with local spices.
- Seabu seafood restaurant: Seabu offers a relaxed dining experience with a menu that celebrates the freshness of locally-sourced seafood.
- Oyster Bay Seafood Restaurant: Specializing in oysters, this restaurant presents them in a multitude of ways, from raw to fully dressed.
- Bodol_sa_Nigo: Known for communal ‘bodol’ feasts, this place offers a true Filipino dining experience with an array of grilled dishes.
- Muk-Ja Cajun Seafood Restaurant: A fusion of Filipino and Cajun cuisines, Muk-Ja brings the heat with its spiced-up seafood dishes.
- Boiling Shrimp Hauz: Emphasizing fun, communal dining, this restaurant serves seafood boils rich in spices and flavor.
Dive into Cebu’s Sumptuous Seafood Scene
Cebu, an island gem in the Philippines, is famous for its incredible seafood. Surrounded by clear blue waters full of diverse sea creatures, the island invites food lovers and explorers to enjoy its rich seafood offerings.
Here, you can taste the day’s freshest catches at lively markets or experience local flavors at cozy seaside restaurants. Bite into the savory goodness of grilled fish, or try the zesty Cebuano kinilaw, a dish of raw fish with a sharp vinegar kick and spices. Simple, delicious, and unforgettable, Cebu’s seafood is a feast for the senses, making it a must-visit for anyone eager to experience the ocean’s bounty.
Top 10 Seafood Restaurants in Cebu City
Check out these top 10 seafood restaurants in Cebu City – each one is a hit for anyone looking to fulfill their love for seafood.
1. Tongs Seafood Buffet
Tongs Seafood Buffet is renowned for offering an extensive array of seafood delights, where patrons can indulge in an all-you-can-eat dining experience. Situated in the bustling heart of Cebu City, this buffet-style restaurant presents a vibrant and casual atmosphere that’s perfect for family gatherings, friendly meet-ups, and celebratory occasions.
Upon entering Tongs, diners are greeted by a welcoming, no-frills ambiance that sets the stage for a hearty meal. The main attraction is undoubtedly the seafood spread. Diners can feast on a wide variety of fresh seafood selections, typically including classics like succulent shrimp, crabs, and a range of grilled fish. There’s often a station for custom orders where guests can have their chosen seafood cooked to their preference, whether it’s grilled, steamed, or turned into a rich, flavorful stew.
The buffet may also offer an assortment of complementary dishes such as sushi, salads, soups, and regional Filipino specialties, catering to a broad spectrum of tastes and preferences. For those with a penchant for something other than seafood, Tongs usually provides alternative options like chicken, beef, and an array of vegetarian dishes.
- Address: F. Cabahug St., Kasambagan,, Cebu City, Philippines
- Phone: 0993 968 1697
- Hours: 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM, 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM (Monday – Sunday)
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/tongsbuffet
2. STK Ta Bai
STK Ta Bai stands out as a celebrated seafood and grill destination in the metropolitan area. Renowned for its delectable fare, the establishment also captivates with its enchanting setting—a restored heritage home that now houses the restaurant. Adorned with a collection of historical memorabilia from the 1900s, the various rooms within the premises double as immersive galleries, enriching the dining ambiance with a touch of nostalgia and charm.
Nestled in the city’s core, this seafood hub is an ideal spot for family and relative gatherings over lunch or dinner. Guests can indulge in generous portions of savory seafood that are both budget-friendly and satisfyingly filling. The restaurant often reaches capacity at peak meal times; however, with several branches within the city, everyone can savor their tasty seafood offerings. It’s the perfect choice for families seeking to enjoy classic Filipino cuisine in an authentic setting.
- Address: STK ta Bay!, 6 A. Climaco St, Cebu City, 6000 Cebu, Philippines
- Phone: (032) 256-2700
- Capitol Site Branch: 10AM – 3PM, Weekdays; 5PM-10PM, Weekends
- SM Seaside and SM Cebu: 10AM-10PM, Everyday
Contact Numbers: (032) 256-2700
- Email address: [email protected]
- Website: https://stktabay.com/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/STK-ta-Bai-sa-Paolitos-Seafood-House-309417535079/
3. Juan’s Seafood House – Lahug
Juan’s Seafood House in Lahug is a friendly spot that’s all about fresh seafood. Here, you can enjoy lots of fish, squid, and crabs cooked in a way that brings out their natural flavors. The place has a cozy Filipino feel, making it a comfy place for a meal. The menu has favorites like kinilaw, which is raw fish with a tangy sauce, and grilled dishes full of taste. They care about where their seafood comes from, so everything is fresh and supports local fishers.
Alongside the seafood, they serve Filipino favorites like rice and pickled veggies to round out your plate. So, Juan’s isn’t just a place to eat; it’s a way to experience the local food culture in a simple, enjoyable way.
- Address: 42 Wilson St, Apas, Cebu City, 6000 Cebu
- Phone: 0991 204 7194
- Hours: 10 AM–3 PM, 4:30–9 PM (Monday – Sunday)
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/JuansSeafoodHouseLahug
4. KRAB Seafood Restaurant
KRAB Seafood Restaurant is a cozy spot in town where seafood lovers can get their fix. It’s a place that serves up a simple yet delicious menu, focused on—you guessed it—crabs, among other sea-inspired dishes.
As you step into KRAB, the friendly atmosphere invites you to relax and prepare for a good meal. The main stars of the menu are the crabs, which you can have cooked in different styles, like steamed with garlic butter or spicy sauce. But there’s more; you can enjoy shrimp, fish, and mussels. The restaurant takes pride in serving seafood that’s not only tasty but also comes from local sources. This means that when you dine at KRAB, you’re getting a meal that supports the community’s fishermen.
And it’s not just about the seafood. KRAB also offers side dishes to complement your main course, like rice or veggies, making your dining experience enjoyable. In short, KRAB is a friendly place where the seafood is fresh, the flavors are great, and the vibe is just right for a casual meal with friends or family.
- Address: 240 Katipunan St, Cebu City, 6000 Cebu
- Phone: 0917 638 8464
- Hours: 11 AM–2 AM (Monday – Sunday)
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/krabseafoodresto
5. CrabPro Cebu
CrabPro Cebu is a seafood diner that’s become a go-to for crab enthusiasts. It’s a down-to-earth eatery where the menu, as you might guess, focuses on crabs, served up in a variety of ways to suit all tastes.
Walking into CrabPro, you’re met with a welcoming environment for enjoying a laid-back meal. The spotlight here shines on their crab dishes, which range from classic steamed crabs to rich, flavorful crab curries and stir-fries. And while crabs are the main attraction, the menu doesn’t stop there; it includes other seafood favorites like grilled fish, squid, and shellfish.
CrabPro has built its reputation on serving fresh, locally sourced crabs. Eating here means you’re not only getting a meal that’s fresh and full of flavor but also supporting the local fishing community that brings in the daily catch.
The restaurant also ensures there’s something for everyone by offering a variety of side dishes, from simple rice to fresh salads, completing the casual dining experience. In essence, CrabPro Cebu is all about relaxed dining, fresh local seafood, and the simple joy of cracking into a well-cooked crab.
- Address: 8V3X+JH7, F. Ramos Ext, Cebu City, 6000 Cebu
- Phone: 0915 037 5265
- Hours: 9 AM – 9 PM
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/CrabProCebu
6. Seabu seafood restaurant
Seabu Seafood Restaurant is one of the seafood restaurants in Cebu known for its fresh and tasty seafood. When you walk in, you feel a warm, inviting vibe, perfect for a casual dinner or a special lunch.
At Seabu, the menu is all about the sea’s gifts. You can pick from a variety of dishes like spicy shrimp, garlic butter crabs, or grilled fish that bring the ocean’s flavor right to your plate. They also offer a colorful array of side dishes, like sautéed vegetables and fluffy rice, to go with your seafood.
The restaurant takes pride in its roots, serving seafood that’s caught locally. So, when you eat at Seabu, you’re getting a meal that’s not only delicious but also supports the local fishermen and the community.
In simple terms, Seabu is where you can enjoy a seafood feast that’s fresh, full of flavor, and feels like a celebration of Cebu’s marine heritage.
- Address: Mandaue City, Philippines
- Phone: 0995 466 9365
- Hours: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday – Saturday)
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/seabu.ph
7. Oyster Bay Seafood Restaurant
Oyster Bay Seafood Restaurant is a welcoming place in Cebu where you can satisfy your craving for oysters and other seafood delights. As soon as you enter, the relaxed atmosphere tells you that you’re in for a good time and great food.
The star of Oyster Bay’s menu is, of course, the oysters. They’re served fresh and can be enjoyed raw, baked, or grilled, depending on what you like. Besides oysters, the menu features a variety of seafood options such as crispy calamari, succulent shrimp, and fresh fish dishes that showcase the local catch of the day.
The restaurant’s background is simple yet rich: it’s dedicated to celebrating the ocean’s produce. Eating at Oyster Bay means you get to taste seafood that’s fresh from the water, supporting the local fishers who work hard to bring you the best of the sea’s bounty.
- Address: Bridges Town Square, Plaridel St. Alang-alang, Mandaue City, Philippines
- Phone: 0956 506 2983
- Hours: 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM (Monday – Sunday)
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064143880618
Bodol_sa_Nigo is a unique dining spot in Cebu that invites you in for an authentic local experience. Here, the atmosphere is cozy and rustic, perfect for family meals or hanging out with friends.
The restaurant is known for its “bodol” feasts, which means a spread of food served on banana leaves and shared communally. The main menu features a mix of grilled items, like fish, pork, and chicken, all marinated in a blend of traditional spices and grilled to perfection. Seafood, a staple in Cebu, is also a big part of the menu with options like grilled squid and fresh shellfish.
The background of Bodol_sa_Nigo is grounded in Filipino tradition, where eating together and sharing food is a way to celebrate and enjoy each other’s company. The food is not only a feast for the stomach but also for the soul, showcasing local flavors and cooking styles.
- Address: Cebu Seaview Paradise, Quezon Boulevard MC across Old Malacañang of the South Bldg.
- Phone: 0939 552 6285
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BoodleSeafoodRestaurant
9. Muk-Ja Cajun Seafood Restaurant
Muk-Ja Cajun Seafood Restaurant is a lively place in Cebu that mixes the flavors of the South with the freshness of local seafood. Step inside, and you’re greeted with a casual, upbeat vibe, inviting you to unwind and indulge.
This spot stands out for its Cajun-style cooking, bringing a spicy kick to the seafood that Cebu is famous for. You can dive into a range of dishes, like the signature Cajun boil that’s full of shrimp, crabs, and mussels seasoned with bold spices. Or, you might want to try the blackened fish, cooked with a mix of herbs that create a smoky, rich taste.
Muk-Ja has a straightforward mission: to serve up dishes that blend Southern American and Filipino flavors, giving you a meal that’s both familiar and excitingly different. They’re all about using local seafood, so everything you eat is as fresh as it can be, supporting the fishermen in the area.
- Located in: Cebu I.T. Park
- Address: Garden Bloc, Lot 1-A 2nd St, Apas, Cebu City, 6000 Cebu
- Phone: 0961 884 0400
- Hours: 11 AM – 10 PM (Monday – Sunday)
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Mukjacajunseafoodcebu
10. Boiling Shrimp Hauz
Boiling Shrimp Hauz is a vibrant spot in Cebu where seafood lovers gather for a hearty and hands-on dining experience. As soon as you walk through the doors, the aroma of spices and the friendly ambiance set the stage for a memorable meal.
This restaurant is celebrated for its seafood boils, a feast that features bags of steaming shrimp, crabs, and a variety of shellfish tossed in mouth-watering spices and sauces. It’s a communal affair here, with food often served in the middle of the table for everyone to share and enjoy together.
The Boiling Shrimp Hauz experience is all about casual fun and flavorful food. Their main menu is a celebration of the ocean’s bounty, prepared with a blend of spices that’ll make your taste buds dance. They take pride in sourcing their seafood locally, ensuring that each dish is not only tasty but also supports the local fishing community.
- Address: Century Plaza Complex, Juana Osmeña St, Cebu City, 6000 Cebu
- Phone: (032) 415 7743
- Hours: 9 AM – 10 PM
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/boilingshrimphauz
Seafood restaurants in Cebu are a culinary highlight, showcasing the freshest catches in settings that range from simple beachside shacks to upscale eateries, each delivering a unique taste of the island’s abundant and vibrant seafood scene.